Me with Action Sports Environmental Coalition founder Frank Scura (center) and Lat34 photog Adam Nelson at the Surfer Poll Awards – September 2007.
Here are some samples of my work from different parts of my career.
I have written hundreds of news stories/features over the last decade, conducted countless interviews and covered dozens of events (Emmys, Oscars, SAG, X Games, AST Dew Tour and more) and premiers. While some of my work has been lost thanks to redesigns and broken links, there’s still plenty out there and more filed away in various disks, boxes and files.
At the end of the day, I just try to have fun doing what I do… (Note: all links open in a new window)
As VP of Programming and Operations, I am not only responsible for developing the day-to-day content strategy of Lat34, but also get my hands dirty and write much of the content that goes on the site every day.
- “Life of Ryan” Missing No More, Returns This Summer
- Best. Theme. Song. Ever.
- Surfer Poll Awards – Blog Entry
- Shaun White – Chairman of the Board or Diva? Or Both?
- On The Scene At the TWS Awards
- Has MTV Hurt Ryan Sheckler?
- The Metal Mulisha Master: Brian Deegan Speaks
- Injured BMX Rider Stephen Murray Not Forgotten as Dew Tour Rolls On
- Life of Ryan Coverage (TV Show recaps/etc.)
- 2007 Right Guard Open – What You May Have Missed
- Slater, Mulanovich Top 2007 Surfer Poll & Video Awards
- Marie-France Roy Dominates the 9th Annual Transworld SNOWboarding Riders’ Poll Awards
- Jerry Hsu Dominates The 9th Annual TransWorld SKATEboarding Awards
For more than four years I wrote daily news stories, conducted event coverage and did interviews with the best and brightest in Hollywood. Here’s just a taste.
- The Ups and Downs of Kicking Butt on ‘Alias’
- 2001 Emmy winners and losers
- ‘CSI’ Cast and Crew Discuss Success
- Berry, Washington make Oscar history; `Mind’ wins best picture
- ‘Curb’s’ Larry David: ‘Seinfeld’ Curse ‘Idiotic’
- Fall 2001: Show overhauls
- Noah Wyle looks forward to his last two seasons of `ER’
- Don Franklin looks beyond UPN’s ‘Seven Days’
Here are a few screen grabs from some published magazine articles.
Channel Guide Magazine
- Babylon 5 / Who’s Hot: Keri Russell (Nov. 1998)