Altadena, CA 91001
Mobile: (323) 770-4104 · email@example.com
A senior position with an online company where I can fully utilize my leadership, strategic planning, organizing and creative abilities to drive growth and revenue.
· More than a decade of proven results in online media holding management, programming, content and technology positions
· Launched three major media websites: TMZ.com, Zap2it.com and Lat34.com
· Goal-oriented, dedicated, enthusiastic team leader with excellent organizational, planning and communication skills
· Varied background in entertainment with experience in agency and production environments, as well as a screenwriter
Content Programming · Executive Management
Creative Problem Solving · Online Video Production/Distribution
Content Management Systems · Search Engine Optimization
Budget Control · P & L Experience
Web Metrics · Project Management
Advertising Integration · Strategic Planning
Lat34.com – AOL (Santa Monica, CA)
Vice President, Programming & Operations · 2006 – present
Primary force in the launch and continued programming of the AOL joint venture Lat34.com, an ambitious action sports website geared toward male fans of adrenaline-fueled sports like surfing, skateboarding and motocross. Developed a content strategy unique to the industry mixing daily news updates from multiple sports with timely event coverage, live webcasts, athlete features and interviews. Created a strategic vision around technology by exploring the latest innovations in flash, video, publishing software and other web 2.0 elements. Spearhead Lat34’s content/ distribution relationships with online partners such as Sony, Crave and Sportskool.
· Delivered first version of Lat34 on an aggressive three-week timetable, exceeding expectations and launching on time and under budget with an extensive archive of articles, photos and video.
· Orchestrated on-site coverage of five-city AST Tour including publishing 24+ hours of broadcast coverage online, dozens of photo galleries and stories, with a total reach of more than 4 million unique users and nearly 100 million total page views.
· Supervised two redesigns for Lat34, resulting in immediate and positive impact on overall traffic (up more 37% total) and page views per unique (up nearly 100%).
· Propelled Lat34 to the #1 sports channel on AOL Video through focused effort to deliver high-impact, quick, action-filled video clips on a daily basis.
· Supervised 18 employees at peak of Lat34’s growth and managed Portland, OR satellite office.
OceanWatch / Apparent Gravity Media (Fountain Valley, CA)
Writer/Producer (Consultant) · 2007 – Present
Recruited based on Lat34 product results to write a dozen TV episodes focused on BMX, skateboarding and freestyle motocross for OceanWatch, the leading producer of action sports programming over the last decade, with clients including NBC, Fox Sports, ESPN, Red Bull, RushHD and OLN. Produce on-site segments with athletes and industry professionals for use in episodes and collaborate with the editors in the production process.
TMZ.com – AOL (Burbank, CA)
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) · 2005
First employee and senior project manager for the launch of TMZ.com, the most-popular entertainment website with more than 10 million monthly users. Served as primary AOL liaison for all facets of its development including, but not limited to, naming, programming and content strategy, technology needs, office staffing and equipment purchasing. Managed relationships between TMZ and the AOL search, video and hosting teams.
Zap2it.com – Tribune Media Services (Santa Monica, CA)
Executive Director · 2002 – 2004
Executive Producer · 2000 – 2002
Led launch effort and developed compelling content strategy to grow Zap2it.com into one the leading TV/movie information websites, reaching more than 3 million monthly unique users and providing thousands of listings for TV lineups and theatres. Also accountable as Executive Director for all day-to-day operations involving content, technology, sales, marketing and design. Managed hundreds of affiliate relationships with online, TV, radio and print partners including DirecTV, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Dish Network, Washington Post. Full fiscal responsibility managing a multimillion dollar budget a staff of 30+ full-time employees spanning multiple offices across the country.
· Drove 79% growth in unique visitors, reaching all-time high of 3 million monthly uniques and surpassing competitors TVGuide and EOnline for first time.
· Extended Zap2it brand into print, wireless and on-screen, including an on-screen channel containing movie showtimes for Dish Network seen in more than 18 million homes.
· Powered NBC’s Olympics website in 2004, serving more than 60 million page views.
· Directed site to best financial performance, exceeding plan in 2003 and ending 2004 on plan.
· Served as project manager for site launch, a six-month effort involving a team of 13 spending more than 15,000 hours on the integration of three existing sites with minimal impact on existing search rankings and overall traffic.
· Signed deal to have Zap2it.com editorial distributed through Knight-Ridder/Tribune (KRT) wire service, reaching more than 400 newspapers and 80 million households daily.
· Created online “Brady Bunch Survivor” following the launch of “Survivor” and received more than 10 million media impressions and involvement from original “Brady Bunch” stars.
UltimateTV.com (Encino, CA)
Executive Producer · 1998 – 2000
Assistant Editor · 1998
Promoted to lead all content programming for the groundbreaking TV information website UltimateTV, reaching 300,000+ unique users before being sold to Tribune Media Services to be remade as Zap2it.com.
· Connected with influential players in the entertainment industry to successfully position UltimateTV as the first and best destination for TV insiders to get ratings and breaking news.
· Negotiated exclusive deals with the six broadcast networks to be the first website to feature TV previews.
Mining Co. / About.com (New York, NY)
Cop TV Show Guide · 1997 – 2000
Chosen as one of the original 200+ “guides” (experts) for the revolutionary MiningCo.com (later named About.com), a precursor for what would be known as Web 2.0. Grew a strong community around police dramas and wrote editorial including interviews with actors and television executives.
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles – M.F.A., Screenwriting / Communication Arts
California State University, Fullerton – B.A., Communications